I was lucky enough to have a 3″ strip of the black jersey along one selvedge of the fabric without the twill attached, so I cut this off and being jersey it was malleable enough to stretch around curves and points. No need to bias it. This also does not fray but my straight stitching and stitch-in-the-ditch techniques are abysmal so I choose a feather stitch on the machine that was wide enough to catch all the edges in one pass.
On the other side, I slipstitched the seam allowance under to hide the raw edges. Let’s hope it holds. the collar is the only bit of this coat that has two layers. I didn’t add interfacing as it sits well enough on its own. The twill is fairly stiff and required the use of a jeans needle in the machine to get through it.
All the seams are flat felled and nearly even!
And just in case you thought I am wonder woman to get all this sewing done I’d like to point out that I’m off work on half-term and though I should be marking and prepping, I didn’t think a little dedicated sewing time would hurt anyone. Now however, I’ll be sitting up ’til 2am on Sunday morning to get ready for Monday!