Just returned from another few days at the north coast to mark the drawing of a close to my summer holidays. Monday sees the dawning of another term beginning – and life continues its endless cycle. I managed to complete Marcy Tilton’s French house dress, V8813 before leaving. I bought the patterned cotton jersey online and matched up a grey for contrast.
There are 11 reviews already about this dress on PR and I did get some really good tips about construction from fellow sewers and found some new blogs too.
The shirring at the front was done a la Coco’s Loft, not as per the pattern instructions. I gathered the fabric with a running stitch and secured the gathers with tape behind. This was done before attaching the centre panel to the sides, so I was working with one piece of fabric, not yards and yards. With the contrast panel on the centre front I changed the thread in the machine to a matching grey to hem this as I was using a pale green for the patterned section. Otherwise, the dress was made straight out of the box.
And later we were treated to this……
Next time – underneath the French house dress…..