Then I brought the brolly out.
During construction I lengthened the sleeves to elbow length instead of the tiny cap sleeves in the pattern. This meant cutting and fitting longer underarm gussets too – definitely the hardest thing in making this dress.
The underarm gussets are no where near perfect but a lot better than first time around. I eventually managed to get most of the wrinkles out of the gusset insertion points but they aren’t points. If I make this again I think I might just resort to putting regular sleeves in. I ended up taking my own advice here
There’s a lapped side zip and matching pull through belt and I don’t think it needs a flouncy petticoat, my hips do the job very well instead.
Now – sunshine please!
Thanks for reading. Ruth