|Burda Style Magazine Nov 2011|
Anyway, located the pieces I needed to make the above cardigan and traced them on to tissue paper. Had a bit of difficulty finding the straight of grain line but carried on regardless. Because I have an unexplained impluse to muck about with every pattern I use I decided to add a hood. And, I’d line the hood with a Chinese satin fabric and I’d face the fronts in the same and I’d reduce the width of the lapels.
Got the pieces cut out and sewed, including the raglan sleeves – got the hood cut, lined and attached to the neck line – got the facings cut and attached and then it struck me! The fronts were not lying flat. So I pressed, topstitched, pulled and stretched and nothing I did made a difference.
|Image from Threads|
Back to the pattern pieces and the straight of grain line on the front is about 10 degrees out – in other words, not straight at all. The orange line on the picture shows about where my grain line is marked.