The changes I made to Clover 2 are –
- Cut the waistband on the cross grain to get a horizontal stripe across the top.
- Lined, see above.
- Added turn-ups (cuffs).
- Did not fret or agonise over a few wrinkles – these are looser that Clover 1 but feel just as secure because of the lining.
My method for making and attaching the turn-ups (cuffs) is not scientific in the least. Here’s what I did. Made two bands, on the cross-grain, to match the waistband, folded them over wrong sides together, lining up the the edges with the bottom of the legs and straight sewed them to the leg hem line. Trimmed and zig-zagged. Turned them to the outside (right way out) of the legs and steam pressed them into position. Needle and thread time again – slip stitched the turn-ups(cuffs) to the legs so that they don’t fall down when walking. Done.
|Invisible zippers that are gradually becoming invisible!|
Thanks for reading. Ruth