So, this evening I thought I’d get back to work on the swingy skirt – all cut out and ready to go. I decided that the zip would go in perfectly first time – I took extra time and thread traced the seam allowances on the front and back slightly longer than the zip so that I could match up the seam after the zip was in. GREAT.
Then I pinned the zip to the thread tracing, put the invisible zipper foot in the machine and off I went.
Did the same on the other skirt side and just look at this result – ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Unbelievable! A zip that I’ve put in the first time and it’s so good. 🙂
Changed the invisible zipper foot on the machine to the regular zipper foot to stitch below the zipper end closed ……….. and this is when it all went wrong.